S. Zweig, A. Toscanini and B. Walter, Salzburg 1934
Original letter by Stefan Zweig
Stefan Zweig Room, Hohenems
Marktstraße 5 (at the Legge Museum)
Stefan Zweig's grandfather (on the mother's side) was the joint owner and resident of the bulding now housing the Legge Museum, which is why one of its rooms is fully dedicated to the world-famous author and the music life of his time. Stefan Zweig collected music manuscripts (he also owned a few by Schubert), received important impressions from Mahler's engagement at the Vienna Hofoper and was friends with Ferruccio Busoni, Alban Berg, Arturo Toscanini and Bruno Walter. for Richard Strauss, he wrote the libretto for the opera Die schweigsame Frau.
Opening hours 2019
April 28 – May 5: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. *
June 23 – 29: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
August 25 – 31: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
September 21: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
October 3 – 9r: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. *
* The Franz Schubert Museum and the Schubertiade Museum (incl. the Schuhmacher Museum) are open until 7:00 p.m.
On appointment (to be made on the previous work day, at the latest), we are happy to open the museums for groups and individuals outside the regular opening hours.
€ 7 (€ 3,50 for pupils, students and apprentices)
Ticket owners are entitled to visit all museums as often as they wish for a whole year after ticket purchase.
This museum is made possible thanks to a private donation.
»¿Cuál es el secreto? Desde luego, la calidad, pero también la posibilidad de combinar música y naturaleza en una atmósfera de espiritualidad.«
El País, Spain